Friday, May 12, 2006

"There's no substitute for time ..."

i'm so sad
i can barely
lift my pen
to the paper
this decision
is making it hard
to see the light
at the end
of the proverbial tunnel

i have chosen
happiness
but have to
walk through
the thick fog
of sadness
to reach it

i miss you
so much
and it hasn't
even been 24-hours
we never got
a chance
to ignite the fires
that would burn
the bridges we built
on late night words
and my hopeless
honesty

the resentment
and broken promises
of wispered sweetness
weren't fostered
there's too many
what ifs
and
we chould have beens

my intuition
and my heart
have come to
the mutual conclusion
that you're mine
but your stubborn
persistence
to be so forlorn
is turning
my prediciton
into nothing more
than a pipe dream
but relationship
or not
my heart is broken

~ October 4, 2005

No comments: