Friday, June 16, 2006

Sunday Afternoon

there’s lots of beauty
in this world
my bad day
was interrupted
by it
many times over


the park
dogs running
and tripping
in the grass
looking up
at the clear blue sky
and seeing petals
floating all around
reading a book
on a blanket
with a good friend
by your side
loyalty incarnate

that I was
so taken aback
and touched
by the selfless
offer of a stranger
saddens me
where did I
get this
closed off way
of living
entombed in my house
and in my heart

writing has become
my lifeline
my way of
telling others
not to worry
or of calling
out for help
subtly and blindly
it’s my only outlet
I’ve allowed
to share my
weaknesses and
fears and sadness
in such a public way
and even then
I only share
certain parts
of poems
with others …


April 2006

No comments: